As compared to sports such as Football and Hockey, being a back and defensive player is much more difficult in rugby. As I would put it, since it is one of the most important positions in the game, a back player must have the best material to wear on the pitch especially the shoes.
In this article, we are going to do a list of Top 10 Best Rugby Boots for Backs 2020. The list contains some of the top brands such as Adidas, Puma, Nike, and few others with their top rugby products. Don’t forget to read the features of each product and let us begin our list now.
Top 10 Best Rugby Boots For Backs 2020 Reviews:
Here is our list of 10 Best Rugby Boots For Backs 2020 along with reviews, features and pros and cons.
1. Adidas Malice SG Rugby Boots, Blue:
What defenders or backs need on the pitch is great grip, balance, agility, and control so that they can move in any direction during the game. For them, our number one pick Adidas Malice SG Rugby Boots would be perfect and it is due to the following reasons:
- Adidas Malice SG Rugby Boots are made of the synthetic material which is quite ideal.
- Due to their grip, lightweight, and the balance they provide, these are great for backs.
- Maybe expensive but also one of the finest quality shoes.
- These have a lace-up feature which makes them durable.
2. Speed Club 6 Stud Rugby Boots:
Well, if you want to move a little lower in the price range, you may compromise on some features but still get a product which is quite on a standard like Speed Club 6 Stud Rugby Boots. The product has following features you would like to read:
- Like many other shoes made for Rugby, these are also made of synthetic.
- As it would be quite obvious, these have features like TPU counter on the inner and with a soft synthetic upper.
- With the 6 stud outsole configuration, you get traction and stability.
- With the soft synthetic upper, these are lightweight and allow air flow into the feet.
3. Adidas FF80 XTRX SG 2 Rugby Boots:
It is not every time that you have to pay higher for an Adidas product. There are products like Adidas FF80 XTRX SG 2 Rugby Boots which bring you all the quality in a very good price. Some of their features are mentioned below:
- As for features, these have ones like synthetic upper which makes them lightweight and soft lining which makes them comfortable.
- Some of the other features include a unique five-by-two sole and a higher heel raise.
- In terms of price, these are one of the most economical ones.
4. CCC Phoenix Club 8 Stud Rugby Boot:
Well, while you are looking for some quality and you can pay somewhat between lower and higher price, you can get these for yourself. For Rugby Backs, CCC Phoenix Club 8 Stud Rugby Boots bring following features:
- As for their material, these are made of textile which makes them softer.
- However, their upper is made of synthetic, which also makes them tougher.
- To provide more flexibility to the players, these shoes have TPU.
- The shoes have 8 stud configuration which enables grip and traction to the backs.
5. Puma Men’s Synthetic Leather Evopower Rugby Boots:
You can go for some premium features even when you are a little lower in the budget and for that, Puma Men’s Synthetic Leather Evopower Rugby Boots set an example with following features:
- These Puma Men’s Synthetic Leather Evopower Rugby Boots are made from the synthetic leather.
- The synthetic upper leather makes sure that you feel comfortable and get air flow.
- You are provided more comfort with the interior lining.
- With its 8 stud configuration sole, you can configure it according to how you want.
6. Canterbury Phoenix Raze SG Rugby Boots – AW17:
For this list, we have plenty of options and running out of the products is not one of the things. Canterbury Phoenix Raze SG Rugby Boots are another impressive product from which comes with following features you can count on:
- These shoes are made of the synthetic-based material.
- When you want to achieve max comfort and durability, get these boots with PU upper.
- With their soft ground feature, these are very good for difficult rainy and wet conditions.
- To make sure that your foot remains secure, these have a wide foot base.
- The studs can be detached to add agility and traction.
7. Crazyquick Malice SG Rugby Boots – CBLACK/CBLACK:
Their expensive price is one of the reasons why people don’t get a product like this from Adidas but for those who can afford, they are in for a real treat of features and quality. Why is that? Read the features below:
- It is no surprise that these shoes are made of some top quality synthetic.
- These are lightweight shoes with the mesh upper which allows maximum breathability.
- In order to give you comfort and durability, there is synthetic lining in the shoes.
- With the sprint frame construction, these are just on another level.
8. Canterbury Phoenix Club 6 Stud Junior Rugby Boots:
For young players who are working on polishing their Rugby skills, well, there are shoes which are a real treat for you. Whether it is the balance you want to achieve, durability, or enjoy the lightweight, these are for you. Let’s have a quick look at the features of these boots:
- They use textile in the making for softer or lighter touch and synthetic for durability and strength.
- The traction and stability are guaranteed with the 6 stud configuration.
- With the internet TPU counter and synthetic upper, you enjoy stuff like support and superb traction.
9. Puma Sprit Soft-Ground Men’s Rugby Boots – Black:
These are one of the shoes which are even though designed for men, women rugby players can also wear them. Puma Sprit Soft-Ground Men’s Rugby Boots – Black have following features:
- The leather is the major material used in the making of these shoes.
- For the upper part, soft calf leather is used which brings more air for keeping feet cool.
- The midsole is supported by the external heel counter which gives balance and stability.
- These have a traditional lacing system and enhanced grip.
- The tongue of these shoes is tucked inside and keeps the feet secured.
10. Canterbury 2016 Control CLUB 6 Stud Rugby Boots – Senior:
As for our last pick, we have chosen these Canterbury 2016 Control CLUB 6 Stud Rugby Boots which comes with the following features for the Rugby players at the back position:
- Canterbury 2016 Control CLUB 6 Stud Rugby Boots are made of the textile material.
- These shoes are really ideal for the defenders and backs.
- With the 6 stud configuration, you more traction and durability.
So, this was our list of 10 Best Rugby Boots For Backs 2020. You can check out other rugby related items below.
If you have any queries, then ask us in the comments section below.